Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Five Weeks and Counting


On Sunday we had the honor of being given another baby shower. My Aunt Marilyn (my mother's twin) really went overboard in a good way. We had a great time and received so many things that we are going to need in the first couple of months with Trystan. We really tried to make sure that Matt doesn't feel excluded at any point. We aren't naive to think everything is going to be smooth, but we want him to know that we love him too. Mom had a bright fluorescent yellow shirt made with his name on the front and the words "Trystan's Older Brother" on the back. We had also found a picture frame for his room that says, "I'm the Big Brother." This way he can put a picture of them in his room.

Grade reports were sent out today for the Interim period. It is really hard to believe that I will only be at work one more time, at most, for sending out grades this school year. The next time grade cards are sent out is just before my due date. We'll see if I make it. I had very few grades this time due to all that we have missed weather wise. And then we are out for another long break this weekend. It really is making the time go by quickly which is good in one way, but I feel like I just get something taught and then I am behind because we aren't where we should be at this point.

Today I was able to use the gift cards and the money that we have received and order the changing table. At first we weren't going to purchase a new changing table (I sold the one we had a week before we found out that we were pregnant), but the changing pad hangs over the dresser. The new table has a built in hamper and three storage drawers, so we can continue to use it later on. It is scheduled to come in within the next 7-10 business days. Hopefully we will still have a baby cooking at that point. I feel like I am ready in lots of ways, but it still seems like a dream.

I have to share a really cute picture from the shower. Our niece Baylee kept playing with a bag. It was so cute.


To Do List for this weekend:
  1. Pregnancy Pictures Saturday
  2. Purchase the rest of the must haves: Lillypads, Snappi's (for the diapers), a Tennessee outfit for Trystan's first picture,
  3. Organize the rest of Matt's old clothes that we are going to save for Trystan (This might actually save some money.
  4. Thank you notes
  5. Celebrate 20 wonderful years together with the love of my life (We started dating on Valentine's Day in 1989)
  6. Decide on the closet organization system that we are probably going to purchase
  7. Try to rest



If anyone really reads this please pray for Jill Bible. She is my third cousin and is currently a missionary in Tanzania. She has developed malaria and is very ill. Please pray that the medication works and that this is just another item that can be added to help show how God is using her.


No comments: