Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snow Day!

We have had more snow this winter than I can remember in a long time. Not thick, deep snow. Just enough to cover the ground, cancel school, and just melt enough to be icy. We were dismissed from school early yesterday in anticipation for the snow. My students were all picked up by 12:30 and since I hadn't eaten I was hungry. More thirsty than hungry, but you get the picture. Anthony was scheduled to be a speaker at the vocational school but since they dismissed he was also out. We decided to go ahead an for Matt & I to go to Wal-Mart and pick up a few things. By the time we were finished the ground was white. When we went in it wasn't really even raining. Anthony called ahead and the doctor told me that I could come in for my appointment early.

Here is the update on the doctor's appointment. The baby is fine with a really strong heartbeat. Anthony & Matt both fell asleep while I was being monitored. However, I am dehydrated. So it is water, water, water from here on out.


This morning Anthony's mom called to say that she had heard on the radio that school was out, but hadn't received her call. After she hung up we both received our call and I tried to get to start working on lesson plans. However at this point I haven't started. Matt has watched the Open Season 2 movie and the went outside to play. After constantly throwing snowballs, he finally asked to get the sled out. You can see the results. Right now it is still hard for him to understand why I won't participate in the snowball fight or sled. Next winter will be a different story.















No comments: